You have successfully submitted your peer Application.
Peer Certification Information and Resources
The AIDS Institute (AI) has, for many years, recognized the important role that peers can play in improving health outcomes and many health and social service programs have a long history of successfully engaging clients in a wide range of activities. Peer certification is highlighted in the NYS Blueprint for Ending the AIDS Epidemic and peer services can play a key role in meeting the state’s goals of increasing linkage and retention in care, rates of viral suppression and preventing new infections. Anticipation of possible future Medicaid reimbursement for peer-delivered interventions makes moving forward with peer worker certification a critical step in ensuring access to this revenue stream for the support of peer services.
- Peer Certification FAQ
- Peer Certification Course Catalog
- Peer Certification Code of Ethics
- Course Tracker Forms
- Core Competencies
- Organizational Assessment for Peer Delivered Services
- Foundational Training
- Peer Certification Online Exam Study Guides
- AI Peer Certification Supervisor Evaluation
- Public Benefits and the Transition to Employment Series
Below are archived webinars that we highly recommend for more in-depth information on the Peer Certification process. These webinars provide clarification on the specifics of how to become certified, how the Peer Certification process works, as well as how to begin your application. The first link is geared for peer workers themselves, and the second is geared toward Program Directors and Supervisors. You must have an account on our website to view these archived webinars.
- Process, Requirements, Application (For Peer Workers)
- Integrating Peer Workers into Health Care Services (For Directors and Supervisors)
As a way to connect potential Peer Workers with agencies wishing to employ them, the NYS Department of Health AIDS Institute is establishing the Peer Worker Employment Opportunities LISTSERV.
- To get more information or sign up for Peer Worker Employment Opportunities, CLICK HERE