You have successfully submitted your peer Application.
Peer Certification Information and Resources
The AIDS Institute (AI) has, for many years, recognized the important role that peers can play in improving health outcomes and many health and social service programs have a long history of successfully engaging clients in a wide range of activities. Peer certification is highlighted in the NYS Blueprint for Ending the AIDS Epidemic and peer services can play a key role in meeting the state’s goals of increasing linkage and retention in care, rates of viral suppression and preventing new infections. Anticipation of possible future Medicaid reimbursement for peer-delivered interventions makes moving forward with peer worker certification a critical step in ensuring access to this revenue stream for the support of peer services.
- Peer Worker Certification Self-Care Worksheet– a self-assessment tool to help peers think and talk about self-care.
- Peer Certification FAQs– A good place to start for those curious about AI Peer Worker Certification.
- Archived Webinar: Process, Requirements, Application (For Peer Workers)
- Foundational Training– Learn more about Foundational Training to obtain it before you pursue certification.
- Peer Certification Course Catalogue– Updated 5/26/17 Outlines course requirements for certification.
- Course Tracker Forms– Updated 5/26/17 Simple tool to assist peer workers with scheduling their coursework.
- Peer Certification Code of Ethics– How Certified Peer Workers are expected to conduct themselves in their role.
- Core Competencies- What Certified Peer Workers are expected to know as it relates to their work.
- Peer Certification Online Exam Study Guides– Comprehensive tool to help peer workers prepare for the online exam.
- Organizational Assessment for Peer Delivered Services– Tool to help organizations think about their readiness and capacity provide peer services.
- AI Peer Certification Supervisor Evaluation– Required evaluation for Certification. AI encourages peer workers and Supervisors to use this as a tool to assess progress throughout the peer worker practicum.
- Archived Webinar: Integrating Peer Workers into Health Care Services (For Directors and Supervisors)
- Public Benefits and the Transition to Employment Series– Resource series covering how employment may affect one’s government benefits.
- Peer Worker Employment Opportunities LISTSERV– E-mail services linking hiring agencies with peer workers seeking employment.
- AI Certified Peer Worker Code of Ethics Violation Complaint Process and Forms