You have successfully submitted your peer Application.
NYS Peer Worker Certification Information and Resources
The AIDS Institute (AI) has, for many years, recognized the important role that peer workers can play in improving health outcomes and many health and social service programs have a long history of successfully engaging clients in a wide range of activities. The NYS Peer Worker Certification Program is highlighted in the NYS Blueprint for Ending the AIDS Epidemic – peer delivered services play a key role in meeting the state’s goals of increasing linkage and retention in care, rates of viral suppression and preventing new infections.
- Peer Certification Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) English – A good place to start for those curious about NYS Certified Peer Worker Program.
- Foundational Training – Foundational Training Programs help people master self-management and advocacy skills. It is recommended that anyone interested in pursuing peer certification consider completing Foundation Training before beginning peer certification courses. This will help ensure you can get the most out of the peer certification training programs.
- Core Competencies - What Certified Peer Workers are expected to know as it relates to their work.
- NYS Peer Worker Certification Program Code of Ethics also available in Spanish – How NYS Certified Peer Workers are expected to conduct themselves in their role.
- NYS Peer Worker Certification Program Code of Ethics Violation Complaint Process and Forms
- Peer Worker Self-Care Worksheet – A self-assessment tool to help peers think and talk about self-care. You must complete this worksheet, it is needed to complete your certification application.
- Process, Requirements, Application (For Peer Workers) – Learn about the NYS Peer Worker Certification Program and all its requirements through this previously recorded webinar.
- NYS Peer Worker Certification Program: Course Catalog – Updated 6/01/23 List of courses for the NYS Peer Worker Certification Program.
- Course Tracker Forms – Updated 6/01/23 Simple tool to assist peer workers with scheduling and tracking their coursework.
- Instructions on how to register for and complete the Living Works START Suicide Prevention course.
- NYS Peer Worker Certification Program Exam Study Guides – Comprehensive tool to help peer workers prepare for the online exam.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) Guidance – Information on how to maintain your certification.
- Organizational Assessment for Peer-Delivered Services – Tool to help organizations think about their readiness and capacity provide peer services.
- NYS Peer Worker Certification Program Supervisor Evaluation – Required evaluation for Certification. AI encourages peer workers and Supervisors to use this as a tool to assess progress throughout the peer worker practicum.
- Peer Certification Supervisors FAQ
- Integrating Peer Workers into Health Care Services (For Directors and Supervisors) – View this webinar to learn more about peer workers and the requirements they must meet to become certified.
- Pilot Program for PLWH who are employed or seeking employment – to help understand how earnings impact public benefits.
- Peer Worker Employment Opportunities LISTSERV – E-mail services linking hiring agencies with peer workers seeking employment.
- Empire State College Credits FAQ