Announcing an Employment Opportunities LISTSERV for HIV, HCV and Harm Reduction Peer Workers
Due to public demand for a way to connect potential Peer Workers with agencies wishing to employ them, the NYS Department of Health AIDS Institute is establishing the Peer Worker Employment Opportunities LISTSERV. The LISTSERV is free of cost for both peer workers and employers.
To sign up for the AI Peer Worker Employment Opportunities LISTSERV, Click Here
How will the LISTSERV work?
- Employers will be invited to send information about available Peer Worker positions to the AIDS Institute at: email@example.com
- Peer workers interested in learning about available positions will sign up to participate in the LISTSERV. The names of people who sign up for the LISTSERV are never publically displayed
- The AIDS Institute will compile the available positions and send them out by email periodically through the Peer Worker Employment Opportunities LISTSERV.
- The LISTSERV will include the following information about each available position: name of employer and location; short description of job; required qualifications; how to apply; dates when applications are due; link to agency website with the posted position.
No. Anyone may join the LISTSERV, whether you are certified, working toward certification or have no plans to ever become certified.
How will the Peer Worker Employment Opportunities LISTSERV help my agency?
If your agency has an open position for a Peer Worker, you can post the position on the LISTSERV. All Peer Workers who have signed up on the LISTSERV will receive the notification. This will help ensure you receive a strong pool of applicants for any open position.
Agencies using this listserv are encouraged to consider indicating a preference for applicants that are New York State HIV, Hepatitis C or Harm Reduction Certified Peer Workers or in the process of becoming certified as New York State HIV, Hepatitis C or Harm Reduction Peer Workers.
How can I have my job opportunities announced via the LISTSERV?
Send the following information about the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- name of employer and location;
- short description of job;
- required qualifications;
- how to apply and dates when applications are due;
- Salary/ compensation information;
- Schedule (FT/PT, hours);
- link to agency website with the posted position.
How often will LISTSERV announcements be sent out?
Announcements will be sent out within the 3rd business day of confirmed receipt of the request for posting. Please consider this when you establish dates for when applications are due.
Will the LISTSERV be only be open to AIDS Institute Certified Peer Workers?
No. Anyone may join the LISTSERV whether they are currently certified, pursuing certification or never planning to pursue certification. If your agency is seeking a Certified Peer Worker, please state that when describing required qualifications.